Thank You Letters to ProCon.org from the Junior Statesmen of America (JSA)
"On behalf of the students attending The Junior Statesmen Foundation's Symposium on Media and Politics, I would like to thank you for participating as a speaker this year! Your connection with the students was recognizable, and you clearly had them captivated!"
32 students sent their own thank you letters. The following ten are a sample of the great feedback we received.
1. "I found your presentation very informative, and ProCon.org is definitely my new source for the issues. I thought that your workshop also helped to show the differences betweeen sources and now I can better identify bias. It is very inspiring that your website is run completely off of donations… I hope you continue to spread the word about ProCon.org and that you continue to inform interested people about the issues." Keri
2. "I really appreciate your taking time to come speak to my peers and me, and for running the activity about immigration's economic effects. I have viewed your website and it is a truly incredible resource, and by far the most unbiased source of credible information I have come across. The amount of time and effort you have put into a tool for education and awareness is truly honorable. These days it is incredibly strenuous to find entirely unbiased information, evne in political journalism, which is supposed to be built on the principle of objectivity. Because of this unfortunate truth, your website is a uniquely beneficial development in the world of online data. Thanks again." Timna
3. “ProCon.org is such a great source for research papers on controversial topics, especially because I tried it and it helped me greatly in school." Marilyn
4. "Your talk yesterday on your organization ProCon.org was my favorite and most interesting. I am one of those people who is able to argue and see the merit in both sides of an argument (except on civil rights and liberties). After your talk the first thing that I did was go to your site and check it out, and I loved it. Furthermore, your exercise on identifying bias was a great way for me to formulate my thoughts. Again, thank you." Chris
5. "I believe it is extremely important to present both sides of an argument, and the clear manner in which you present facts and opinions is accessible and simple. I will definitely use it to help me formulate my world views and ambitions. Thank you again." Mia
6. "I had a great time listening to your ProCon.org lecture at JSA. I felt that ProCon.org is a very important and useful resource. Now that news media is becoming increasingly unverified, widespread, and polarized, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a clear, concise and unbiased version of any major news story. You website is a great help to JSA-ers and debaters all over the country. Thank you so much for speaking to us, and I hope that you will return to speak to us again at one of our conventions." Pam
7. "First, I want to thank you for your eagerness to share your time and expertise with us high school students at the JSA 2009 [Symposium on Media and Politics].
Your website ProCon.org, and the workship you conducted will function as a valuable tool and new set of critical thinking skills that will enable me to symthesize comprehensive conclusions from the two opposing sides of a controversial issue.
I'm sure all of us took away something beneficial from our experience together… We truly appreciate your work." Leonil
8. "Thank you for presenting your very informative website which will surely help me in writing essays on such controversial issues with ProCon.org. Society will be better informed of both the left and right arguments, thus allowing a presentation of insight that will allow one to take a firm stance one either side. I thoroughly enjoyed the activity that we had an illegal immigration which leg to an exciting discussion in which students recognized flaws as well as viable information in each article or interview. On behalf of the Junior Statements Foundation, I thank you for taking time in enlightening us on ProCon.org." Sara
9. "I would like to sincerely thank you for coming to speak to our group. Besides introducing me to your website (which I will so be using for school now), you also provided me with a functioning template to crticically assess two sides of an issue. You are a unique individual and an excellent reasearcher." Ellen
10. "I cannot reiterate enough my gratitude and most sincere applause for both you and your fantastically impressive website. With the news media and what it is today, it is comforting to see an organization that provides the people, ‘not with what they want to hear, but with what they need to know' (Barack Obama)." Samuel