|We have highlighted some of the testimonials ProCon.org has received over the years in our VIPs' Comments, Students' Comments and Teachers' Comments, pages as well as in the readers' comments below.
A selection of our reader comments is provided below. We posted these pro, con, and not clearly pro or con comments in the approximate ratio that we received them, which is roughly 90% positive and 10% negative.
The comments are arranged in reverse chronological order within each category. We sometimes edit comments for brevity, clarity, and spelling. We may also remove comments posted when we find better comments covering the same issues or for other good reasons. To preserve confidentiality, only the writer's first name is noted, unless he/she has waived confidentiality. Respondents are generally notified when we add their comments to this section.
- "Reading through the pros and cons has helped me see both sides."
Lincoln, Dec. 21, 2018
- "This website was very helpful. I am currently preparing for a debate on this subject [school uniforms], and am on the pro side of the argument. procon.org, you have helped me so much!"
Anonymous, Nov. 18, 2018
- "I truly appreciate this type of resource that procon.org provides especially since it's been so difficult to formulate my own opinion when even my friends are so divided. There seems to be less time spent on education and more time spent on yelling (to put it bluntly)."
Cindy Hwang, Oct. 16, 2018
- "I support ProCon.org because of the obvious need for a forum to have reasonable conversations on issues where there is disagreement, without resorting to sound byte styled argument. Our country, and global society, is in desperate need of a mechanism, like ProCon.org, that facilitates informed debate and discussion and avoids pigeonhole thinking like 'I'm a Democrat' or 'I'm a Republican' or 'This group determines what I think on every topic,' and allows us to have well-informed opinions and obtain balanced perspectives regarding all, or at least many, facets of an issue."
Dan Mannion, Aug. 17, 2018
- "Searches on many topics typically return hundreds of pages of highly biased opinion pieces, but very little hard information or logical counter argument. Current analytics and algorithms are designed to reinforce our opinions by shuttling us to sites and authors whose bias most closely resembles our own, thus turning the 'Information Age' into something more accurately described as a choir competition.
Your site is a refreshing change and a true public service."
Julie Slama, ProCon.org donor, Apr. 21, 2018
- "I feel it's important to listen to both sides of an issue. Too quick, people are able to shut down a conversation before it starts in this polarizing era. Having a healthy conversation is a way to bring people together. I'm tired of seeing us pulled a part."
David Hopwood, ProCon.org donor, Feb. 21, 2018
- "I recently found your site trying to educate myself on gun control and what things could be done to allow law-abiding citizens to keep a firearm while limiting those involved in situations like the recent shooting in Parkland Florida do not own one.
I find your site to be very fair and balanced and more than that very educational. I just wanted to write and say thank you as a very concerned citizen who is both a gun enthusiast and one who believes we should have stricter gun laws I found your site very refreshing."
Bill, Feb. 17, 2018
- "It's very important to have unbiased information in this age of ridiculousness and partisanship. I want to understand how other people think...but I want to make sure they are THINKING! (And that I am too.)"
Michelle Cox, ProCon.org donor, Feb. 14, 2018
- "I am a teacher and this is an invaluable resource in my classroom. I wish I made more money as a teacher to donate more :("
Julia Johns, ProCon.org donor, Feb. 7, 2018
- "I am donating to ProCon.org because as an American myself, I want to be a more informed citizen in a very partisan environment and I believe that ProCon.org is the best source there is for someone to think critically and be more open-minded."
Evan Oliver, ProCon.org donor, Jan. 22, 2018
- "I cannot say enough good things about ProCon.org! Ever since I was in high school, I've been a fan (and active user) of ProCon, and it's helped me tremendously. Whether I was trying to formulate a thesis or simply form an opinion, ProCon enabled me take a step back and look at any given issue from a more objective stance. If you're struggling to fully understand a perspective, or are looking for a deeper analysis on a controversial subject matter, make sure you check out this invaluable resource!"
Gabbi, Nov. 20, 2017
- "I have a civil engineering degree and find it very difficult to decipher non-bias information backed by true empirical evidence presented by the majority of American news organizations. I am glad to support an organization who will. Thank you!"
Kenneth Casados, Oct. 16, 2017
- "In this political climate of polarized arguments, ProCon.org provides a critical service. Their website has provided well-researched, non-partisan information, offering accurate data to support various points of view. ProCon.org is not only a valuable tool for students and teachers, it is a trusted source for anyone interested in understanding the complexity of issues such as the national anthem protest, medical marijuana, immigration, and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict."
Carolina Goodman, Co-Chair of the League of Women Voters Los Angeles Committee for Youth Empowered Solutions, Oct. 7, 2017
- "I truly appreciate what ProCon is doing in creating a space for smart conversation, debate and information."
Michael Steele, former head of the national Republican Party, Aug. 22, 2017
- "I had the opportunity to meet Kamy Akhavan, CEO of ProCon.org, at Politicon in Pasadena, California. Kamy moderated a panel that explored how we develop our political thoughts, a topic that usually leaves most people scratching their heads due to its esoteric nature. Discussing the complexities of political ideology is no small feat, yet, Kamy was able to do it in a way that made it easy to understand. He made political ideology relevant to the audience while allowing each of the panelists (myself included) the opportunity to reach unchartered courses.
The questions he asked were certainly questions we ask ourselves in the privacy of our own minds, which easily makes complex subjects relatable.
The mission of ProCon.org, which is critical thinking, education, and informed citizenship, was on full display as Kamy moderated the panel with a command of the topics and a clear depth of knowledge and understanding. He is truly one of the best examples of ProCon.org at work, and it was a great pleasure being part of such a necessary conversation with him."
Shermichael Singleton, CNN Political Commentator, Writer, and Political Strategist, Aug. 5, 2017
- "I just stumbled on your website as I was surfing. Your site has given me hope for the future! After reading the Fox News summaries & listening to NPR - I was and have been feeling that nonpartisan information does not exist in our country. I was fearing for our democracy as news and law makers become more partisan, true democracy, our citizens and country suffer.
Thank you for providing information and data for both sides of the arguments.
In true appreciation,"
Karessa, July 24, 2017
- "ProCon.org has mastered the art of disseminating facts in a systematic and comprehensive way. Your progress over the years is remarkable and a testimony to the strength of a sound idea. I believe the need for the kind of service that ProCon.org offers is perhaps more needed now than ever before."
J. Carlos "Pocho" Salcedo, Correspondent/Producer, XTOTV Enlace Bolivia television station, July 18, 2017
- "In these days of highly polarized news venues, it is often difficult to cut through the chaff to find the kernel of truth that decides the argument. ProCon makes a good faith attempt to provide facts in an unbiased manner. It is helpful for civic minded citizens to get informed and make informed choices. Thank you."
Bob, Feb. 18, 2017
- "ProCon is an important resource for journalists, providing the balanced analysis of facts and figures so critical to good reporting."
Michael, Dec. 30, 2016
- "While those who hold to the ideas of 'The Lame-Stream media,' and 'Safe Spaces' seem to dominate many dialogues, Pro/Con presents a voice which invites those willing to listen/read, explore and learn."
Anonymous, Dec. 30, 2016
- "True learning and thinking must have multiple articulations of facts and the presentation of issues. Not that there is not a truth, however, that there are multiple insistence of what truth shall be. This is an incredible time for fake news and lies, however PROCON facilitates the presentation of reality for students and the ability for students to think for themselves and weigh the competing facts to their values."
Janet, Dec. 30, 2016
- "We need to hear both sides of the issues, just the facts, unvarnished, now more than ever!"
Nick, Dec. 30, 2016
- "At a time of such polarization, seeing both sides presented fairly - and backed with real information - is most welcome."
Gerald, Dec. 30, 2016
- "In a world desperate for critical thinking, your website is a godsend!"
Kathy, Dec. 30, 2016
- "I appreciate your mission to cover issues in a scholarly manner by evaluating any one issue from all angles. This is the best way, I believe, to really understand the world we live in."
John, Dec. 30, 2016
- "Pro-con provides useful, reliable, well-organized information on subjects important to our democracy, and helpful to decision making during elections."
Cheryl, Dec. 28, 2016
- "I have been looking for an objective discussion on climate change and you guys nailed it. Sadly, I suspect that I will lose many hours in the near future poring over many of the other interesting topics you cover J"
Mark, Dec. 28, 2016
- "I donated to support fact-based discussions."
Elizabeth, Dec. 21
- "Both sides must be heard, now and forever."
Alicia, Dec. 21
- "I donated to broaden my perspective and knowledge on a wide range of important matters which many see as controversial because of biased thought as opposed to objective thinking. Also quite often religion intervenes and either mask or clouds the issue(s) and prevents objective thought and discussion."
Phillip, Dec. 16, 2016
- "The first step in solving the many problems of the world is education. Thank you for all of the great work you do."
Samantha, Dec. 13, 2016
- "Crucial website for students and the public. It is just what our polarized culture needs."
Donald, Dec. 13, 2016
- "You're doing a great job. It's my honor to donate to ProCon.org every year."
Miriam, Dec. 12, 2016
- "I donated because I feel this type of information structure is very important. Being independent of the money that owns most business and information outlets is becoming more of a rarity. I appreciate having a trustworthy place to get the most update and accurate information available. I wish I could help give more. Thank you."
Thera, Dec. 12, 2016
- "It's hard to get both sides of a story, and though Pro-Con's opposing arguments are not fact-checked, they do let us know what each side thinks."
Henry, Dec. 12, 2016
- "ProCon is such an invaluable resource for student engagement. I am going to try to a monthly donation in the future."
Cheri, Dec. 12, 2016
- "Thank you for what your organization does for people like me. Just looking for a quality website to do research & gain valuable information. Thanks again."
Sarah, Nov. 1, 2016
- "Critical thinking is hard, vital, and needs to be learned for self-government to endure among a people."
Anonymous, Nov. 1, 2016
- "I wanted to send you a note to express my complete admiration for this site. It is beautiful how it simplifies getting down to the brass tax when deciding a vote. I only wish I would have found this site months ago, as it would have saved me so much time having to sift through all the speech and political rhetoric.
This site is truly inspiring, and brings about a surprise that each state doesn't do something similar to breakdown and further assist voters is the decision making process for the rest of their ballot, such as US Senator, Congress Rep, State Senate and Rep, Justice, etc. I have been looking for something like that and thus far have been unable to locate such. I do believe that in this internet age that is something that should exist and if so would encourage a larger voting population as it would help to remove the complexities of research for the average American.
In short, brilliant site which makes me hungry for more. Bravo!"
Amanda, Oct. 2, 2016
- "ProCon.org has been a tremendous resource for me throughout high school, college and today. Whenever I come across an issue, historical figure or event that I am not familiar with, especially if it is controversial, I check ProCon.org to see if they have covered it. Not only are controversial issues explained with objectivity and thoroughness, but I can find out what authoritative figures have to say on the subject and read original source material for more in-depth information. ProCon.org is truly a fantastic and unique resource for those who want to hear both sides of any debate."
Anastasia Austin, Aug. 1, 2016
- "ProCon.org is a constructive source of information on issues facing the country today. It is even-handed and shows the divergence of opinion. This helps one to make up one's own mind about controversial issues. I thank you for this useful and NEEDED service in these times of hyper-bloviating from both sides."
B. Fagin (Florida), July 29, 2016
- "I am pleased to inform you all that I am supporting Procon.org financially and prayerfully. This nonprofit started modestly with the goal of organizing and sharing fair and balanced information from reliable and varied sources. Now, they are trusted and relied upon by many schools to inform their teachers and students.
Try ProCon.org yourself for relevant, timely, and broadly-based information as your "raw material" in being aware of what are really going on, in imagining real causes and effects, in being conscientious processors and purveyors of what could be most true and useful to solve problems and make choices. Yes, we all desire to be sober and deliberate sources of beneficial information! I have found and used it for years!"
Felipe, July 1, 2016
- "I am a long-time fan of your website. I consistently discuss views seen on your site and pride myself with being able to argue both points of a conversation from information obtained through your research."
Michael (Shanghai, China), Apr. 27, 2016
- "I just wanted to say that your site is outstanding. Your quiz should be required BEFORE anyone is allowed to touch a voting machine. I learned several things from taking the quiz and having to google for clarification before being able to answer some of the questions. It is frightening to me how little a whole bunch of people know that are getting ready to decide the next Prez. A devout Republican friend took the quiz and was so far into Democratic territory I thought we were going to have to call an ambulance. Keep up the great work."
Todd, Mar. 26, 2016
- "To Procon.org:
I am absolutely blown away by your excellent and balanced pro and con without malice or bias. This is exactly what America needs and the whole world too.
Most newspapers today aren't worth putting on the bottom of a birdcage. I wish I could get you into every thinking person's home. TV news, radio news, and all other forms of media or Internet carry a built in bias and people flock to them so that they can hear their side of the argument and keep believing same old same old. We need both sides. Procon provides it beautifully."
Ray Mossholder, Dec. 11, 2015
- "Thank you to ProCon.org, the one and only excellent forum for helping us to be aware of prevailing arguments pro-con on significantly popular issues of our days! I encourage everyone to see how good is your organization - to savor the expansive nature of your mission to inform and help us make up our minds. I personally will continue to support your mission financially and by sharing extensively who you are and what you have been doing to serve all of us! More blessings and power to you!!
In these times of so much unreliable news and disturbing noises, how refreshing and unifying is it to see both sides of all significant issues - especially with politics and politicians muddling issues for their own selfish and divisive purposes!"
Felipe Galang, Apr. 11, 2015
- "Organizations such as yours are vital to the health of our democracy."
Bill McClellan, Dec. 22, 2014
- "Hi, I just want to say i absolutely love your website and the countless hours you have put in this website. I consider this website one of the few golden nuggets on the internet. I was in need of a topic when I stumbled upon this site and now its in my bookmark. Keep up the good work."
Angus, Oct. 23, 2014
- "I really enjoy reading the articles, they are very insightful!! They keep me up with current events!! And as an older student (49) I find them very helpful in writing papers for my classes!!"
Sandra Castellano, July 30, 2014
- "I've been using your site in regards to getting to know state by state legislation for medical marijuana. It's fantastic. Keep up the great work!"
Andrea B. Goldman, CFA, Esq., July 30, 2014
- "I like procon.org because it has good information on it. It is detailed and it just tells it like it is without all the name calling or distortion that others put on it. It just leaves the decisions up to the person reading it. It has no bias or agenda just the bare facts. I like how it is formatted as well; it makes it easier to read. I like how the site is set up with easy to find references for it. It is very easy to navigate as well."
Laura, July 18, 2014
- "I have been aware of ProCon for a number of years. It is so good to rely on unbiased information offered relevant to important issues of the day. We need MORE expansion of ProCon!"
Burton Danet, PhD., Rejuvenated Facilitator, Clinical Psychologist (retired), Founder, The ABC4All Legacy, July 18, 2014
- "More fact-based public discourse is vital to our democracy and ProCon.org is helping to lead the way."
Vance Peterson, July 1, 2014
- "I have greatly enjoyed casually reading this website. It has certainly changed my opinion on several topics and forced me to consider both sides. For this I'd like to say thank you to this website."
Brandon, Mar. 14, 2014
- "Oh my goodness, I didn't know you all existed! I worked at the RAND Corporation and I thought that was the only place that could objectively analyze and present different perspectives of sensitive issues."
Lynne Wainfan, PhD, Professor at California State University at Long Beach, Feb. 20, 2014
- "ProCon.org provides an informative view of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, one of the world's longest standing conflicts. The site objectively exposes the massive variations of opinion, narrative and fact, to give your readers the best 'big picture' understanding of the conflict and its potential solutions."
Michael Weiss, author of The Bomb on the Rock and former IDF spokesman, Feb. 4, 2014
- "Thank you for your informative facts on the 'Obamacare/Health Care Laws'. There is so much dis-information out there, why can't the true facts be published for all to read."
John, Oct. 12, 2013
- "ProCon.org is remarkably transparent."
Sylia Obagi, MBA, COO of The Annenberg Foundation, Sep. 18, 2013
- "The ProCon.org website is incredible. I have read parts of it again and again, yet there is so much more to read and learn. I am thankful that your site shows views from both sides. In reading information from your site, this old man kind of feels like a kid in a candy store."
Louis Goins, Aug. 9, 2013
- "ProCon.org is certainly doing more than its share of combatting the world's biggest problem, a lack of honest education!"
Steve Sparks, July 31, 2013
- "I work in the contentious field of church and state, which features many battles with strong arguments on both sides. I have found ProCon.org to be a great resource, with strong research and timely issues. I especially appreciate the links to relevant material. I find myself using ProCon.org so regularly, that I have added the site to my bookmarks on my computer."
Sarah Barringer Gordon, Arlin M. Adams Professor of Constitutional Law & Professor of History at the University of Pennsylvania, June 19, 2013
- "We promote ProCon.org in Africa in order to establish an educated community capable to face the challenges of Africa through critical thinking. We think that ProCon.org ideas are needed for the new generation. A generation full of energy and knowledge. It's so helpful for students. Indeed, it works."
Daniel Oka, President of the Perspectives Association (Ivory Coast), Apr. 21, 2013
- "Your website has been enormously helpful in teaching my sixth grade students the art of argumentative writing. Once they view your videos, it is as if an enormous light bulb turns on in their brains, and the writing becomes a doable goal."
Linda Cokley, Teacher at Pikeville Elementary School, Feb. 18, 2013
- "I first came across Procon.org while writing an argument paper for freshman English about the legalization of marijuana back at Moberly Area Community College. I got an 'A' on that paper and some very complimentary remarks from my professor about the quality and even handedness of my research. I've used it several times since in my college career and I am always able to quickly find the relevant issues from both sides of a question. Even more importantly it gives me a reliable starting point from which to seek additional information about a topic and pertinent opinions from knowledgeable sources. Reading the arguments presented on the site has helped me to improve my writing skills and style as well. I'm sure this site will continue to be a valuable learning and teaching tool. Thank you to all who make this possible, you are doing a tremendous service for humanity."
Jim, Dec. 22, 2012
- "I am in the process of completing my Bachelors of Science Management at University of Phoenix online full-time. ProCon.org has been monumental in helping me to understand and provide credible resources to support my opinions, points of views, suggestions, and statements in completing my assignments. Additionally, ProCon.org has been a major influence in my direction on critical thinking, and my research relating facts and theories to my philosophy assignments as well. I will support ProCon.org as best as I can, with a promise in the near future with a humble donation. I want to thank ProCon.org. and am hoping for its continued existence."
Jane Brown, Dec. 10, 2012
- "Thank you some very much for the quiz. Thank you so much for the 'quotes' on the candidates. This indeed helped me to understood their views and how I align. God bless this organization."
Sheila, Nov. 3, 2012
- "I'm 20 years old and I am a new voter in the state of Delaware. With the information that I have gathered from your website, I am able to understand the pros and cons about the candidates that are runnging in this up coming election. I was never really big on politics but, reading the information I can decide wether or not I want to be (D) or (R), I have always been undecided and now i can really put a stand, an vote for the canadidate that matters in our Government White House. Thank you for the Information that has been put up and gathered to help me make a voice for myself."
Veronica, Oct. 31, 2012
- "ProCon.org provides objective and pragmatic analysis, which is an essential tool to developing the critical thinking skills necessary for any meaningful debate and discussion. This comprehensive approach to some of the most controversial issues that ProCon.org addresses is a valuable asset to our political system."
Brad Sherman, United States Representative (D-CA), May 2, 2012
- "Thank you... for this [State Felon Voting Laws] and all the work you all do at ProCon.org. It is much valued and appreciated. I use and rely on your site as a resource often for information on other states’ voting rights policies…It is the most helpful."
Candice Reid, Assistant Director, Rights Restoration, Secretary of the Commonwealth (State of Virginia), Apr. 13, 2012
- "I just wanted to thank you for having such a great website with much needed information that is needed to be addressed. I am writing a paper about standardized testing and being able to access all of your articles and even have the presidential candidates view on this debate was amazing. I learned so much about how ineffective and destructive standardized testing has become. I would know because I was a FCAT victim who had a 4.0 GPA in Middle School and a 3.5 GPA in high school and failed the test at least once or twice. Goes to show you how effective testing really is ehh?"
Pamela, Mar. 23, 2012
- "I donated to ProCon.org because in this world of noise, where lying, bullying and shouting are celebrated, where critical thinking and intellectual curiosity are discouraged, where facts are twisted or disregarded altogether and where people are dissuaded from intelligent discourse, ProCon cuts to the heart of every issue without bias and thereby encourages the critical thinking that is so very necessary but too seldom practiced. We have forgotten how to reason and to evaluate and communicate ideas effectively, and I believe you perform a valuable service to help correct that deficiency. If schools and government agencies are using ProCon.org as a source, this is a step in the right direction."
Shawn, Dec. 20, 2011
- "ProCon.org is THE best resource for political information and analysis. Before you read the Washington Post or turn on Fox News, go to ProCon.org. Every conservative policy wonk should donate to Procon.Org, a 501(c)3. We need to strengthen resources that are committed to truth and no nonsense presentation of facts. ProCon.org is one of those resources!"
Ken McClenton, host of The Exceptional Conservative on American Conservative Nation radio, Nov. 28, 2011
- "Your work is not merely excellent, it is very valuable. Keep the bar high! Thank you for your service to our nation."
David Phoenix, Educational Therapist, Learning Specialist and Professor of Education at Pierce College
- "We live in a world of hyper-partisanship in which polite dialogue has become a distant memory. But that need not be our permanent condition. At the forefront of the battle to reintroduce reason and thoughtful analysis into our national debate about the future of our country stands ProCon.org. By fairly presenting opposing viewpoints on critical issues ProCon.org creates an atmosphere of mutual respect that allows for a real exchange of ideas -- and the exploration of viable solutions to our most pressing problems. ProCon.org is the place to go to understand today’s most controversial issues."
Jeff Schweitzer, PhD, former science adviser to the White House, and author of Beyond Cosmic Dice: Moral Life in a Random World, Nov. 5, 2011
- "You asked about my reaction to the Pro-Con.org site and to the subsite on medical marijuana. I find them both to be excellent - clear and easy to use, with a wealth of pro/con material to ponder over. I intend to return often to the site as issues present themselves to me and my clients."
Gary Carr, Rising Moon Marketing & Public Relations, July 26, 2011
- "I am convinced that you are trying to be objective in a field of inquiry that has largely forgotten the meaning of the term. You (procon.org) have made far more effort than any others have for this sort of thing--you put Education Week, the Center for Public Education, and other organizations only interested in superficial celebrity opinion to shame."
Dr. Richard P. Phelps, testing scholar and educational statistician, July 1, 2011
- "I was doing an 'argument paper' for my 'critical thinking' class. Our professor told us that we needed to list both pros and cons related to our topic. I simply Googled something about 'pros cons of ...' and your website as one that came up and it seemed to provide me with the best verifiable information. I assume that in the future I will be submitting a couple more questions/ concerns - (unless I find that someone else has already done so). In a word, I think ProCon.org is 'AWESOME!' It includes a wealth of information covering both perspectives of some of the most controversial topics. I finished my paper for school [Editor’s note: She received an "A”], but... I still enjoy going to the site just to read about the different views and the reasoning behind them."
Sharon, May 6, 2011
- "I marked your website on my favorites list. Your ongoing efforts to promote critical thinking are of much value. It only takes a few minutes listening to talk radio to realize just how impressionable people can be. Instead of doing their own reasoning, they would rather push a button for an app or follow some leader who thinks for them. Keep up the good work!"
Diana, Mar. 17, 2011
- "I just wanted to leave a comment that your website is a fantastic find for any educator wanting great sources all in one place. Not only is the content great, but all the features you offer make life for teachers, librarians and students much easier. Keep up the good work!"
Katilyn, Mar. 9, 2011
- "In my research I found procon.org to be the single best free web resource for teachers, like myself, to help students understand multiple perspectives on controversial issues. I appreciate the work you and your staff do to provide this outstanding resource to educators, students, and the general public."
Ben Bohmfalk, Social Studies Teacher, Roaring Fork High School (Carbondale, CO), Feb. 3, 2011
- "Excellent site. The issues are very well laid out and I think will be considered very fair by all involved. As a retired teacher, I know this is a very current and very emotional issue."
Judith, Jan. 13, 2011
- "Procon.org has developed a web-page wherein present-day issues are clearly displayed and condensed, so as to show both sides of a given argument. Pages are free from bias; no political or likewise affiliation can be seen. It is, in essence, fair. Fair to us viewers, who are searching for information and longing to assimilate the facts required to formulate our own opinions. I would like to speak on behalf of the many individuals in my immediate family who make usage of Procon.org in extending a huge thank-you for your initiative to turn present-day society into a well-informed, intelligent population."
Nicholas, MA, English Professor, Dec. 6, 2010
- "I found [ProCon.org] to be excellent and decided to explore the rest of the site and was very impressed with the unbiased ways information was present for, well pros and cons of relevant issues...
Many times people complain and fear what they do not know the root and the truth of. Unfortunately, media-through movies and books, etc. plays into that fear and is a leading cause for misguided decisions and prejudice in today's world. Thank you for being part of the solution to combat ignorance with history based fact so that, when people are educated to the truth of reality, they have no other excuse to turn to but their individual morals."
Nicki, Dec. 2, 2010
- "I thought I did a good job of staying educated on the controversial issues facing America until I came across ProCon.org. Not only was I unaware of many of the obstacles that our Nation faces, I also found out that my opinions were biased based on mainstream media reports. ProCon.org has opened my eyes to the pros and cons of America's most pressing issues and I will never again see things the same."
Anthony, Washington, DC, Nov. 24, 2010
- "I have always had a keen interest in fair public policy, and to the extent that ProCon.org helps to create an accurate and fair understanding of many issues, it makes me proud to be a supporter.”
Michael Klein, investment banker and former part-owner of the San Diego Chargers, Nov. 2, 2010
- "I'm glad to learn of ProCon. It clearly provides balanced and impartial information on controversial issues of public importance."
David Hanson, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Sociology, State University of New York at Potsdam, Oct. 22, 2010
- "I found your website by chance. My daughter needed a controversial topic for her college speech class so I googled 'controversial topics' and your website was in the first 5 or so that came up. I LOVE your site - I am amazed at the amount of information to be found under each topic, organized by the Pro and the Con sides of the argument. Very nicely done! Thanks again!"
Deena, Oct. 22, 2010
- "There may be no more critical initiative than building our national (and international) capacity for civil discourse. I am so grateful that an organization like procon.org exists, as a platform for airing intelligent, divergent points of view. Beyond the importance of its explicit mission, which it is accomplishing very well, procon.org serves as a model that associations, corporations, and organizations of all kinds can use to air, consider, and debate their own internal issues. America is built on a unique network of voluntary membership organizations, representing every interest, profession, trade, avocation, and business in the country, and these associations can only be truly effective if they continue to master the art of harnessing and representing collective majority opinion - and that can only be done through rationale debate. Bravo to procon.org for reminding us of how it’s done."
Elissa Myers, CAE, President of Advice & Consensus, Oct. 19, 2010
- "I found the site [Health Care Reform ProCon.org] very interesting and informative."
Robert I. Field, JD, PhD, Professor of Law and Professor of Health Management and Policy at Drexel University, Oct. 8, 2010
- "I love your website. It was a very good information source when I needed a controversal topic to speak about in school."
Yehuda, Sep. 27, 2010
- "Thanks for the very informative update. Being the information junkie that I truly am. I must admit that your web site is a wealth of invaluable, up to the last minute, detailed, global, information hub!”
Sarah Angelina DeLagostti, CEO Extreme Engineer, www.DeLagostti-Industries.com, Sep. 25, 2010
- "Your website is sure challenging for you, but a great, and much needed idea, and could be a real force in shaping intelligent policies - I wish you well, and will donate... Thanks again for your efforts, it is a great cause!!"
Tom, Sep. 23, 2010
- "I love your comprehensive delivery of information on federal healthcare reform. Thank you for taking such an unbiased approach to educating the public."
Jaleh, Sep. 4, 2010
- "ProCon.org is a great site for unbiased information. Allowing my listeners to form their own opinions is important. That is why I enjoy interviewing the people of ProCon.org on my program. They are the best at describing both sides of a debate."
Peter Dunn, Fox News Radio Indianapolis, Aug. 17, 2010
- "ProCon.org prides itself at providing a level and unbiased perspective of both sides of an issue. They address some of today’s most pressing and controversial discussions with intelligence and respect these issues deserve. It is refreshing in today’s toxic environment of partisan politics and short sound bites to have a subject covered in such detail. I’ve also had the pleasure of meeting several of the employees of ProCon.org and they are as intelligent and introspective as their site suggests. I strongly recommend ProCon.org for your consideration."
Michael Wermers, Torrance Unified School District Board Member, Aug. 11, 2010
- "I appreciate what you are trying to do with ProCon and want to see it grow as a trusted source of information. Most of the issues we face are not nearly as cut and dry as the media, politicians, and talking heads would have us believe. Websites such as yours and factcheck.org serve a valuable place in the market place of ideas for those of us trying to sort out issues. The amount of information and misinformation available to us today is staggering, sorting through all this and coming to an informed position is a challenge and your website is a help. It is important that the public has trusted nonpartisan resources available which can help us understand some of these issues and weigh the possible courses of action."
Julia Pfaff, Alexandria, VA, July 30, 2010
- "I think the website is an outstanding resource for researchers and everyday thinkers. I am in agreement with the saying that an educated world is a better world, and part of playing into that equation is looking at all sides of any story. ProCon.org is a great stepping stone and resource for anyone trying to grasp many of the controversial topics that are discussed in the media.
Keep up the good work! I'm such a fan."
Antonette, July 22, 2010
- "Although I am a psychologist, I have additional post graduate degrees in Healthcare policy and clinical psychopharmacology. When I saw your site I was really impressed not only for the content but for the idea of wanting issues to be seen from both sides. Unlike cable 'news' that shows two sides simply to demonstrate 'fairness' in politics -- but really doesn't -- policy issues really do need be discussed from all perspectives. So I applaud your effort. And will be placing a story in our newsletter about the site."
John Caccavale, PhD, Executive Director of the National Alliance of Professional Psychology Providers (NAPPP), July 16, 2010
- "ProCon.org is an incredibly practical and effective web site for teaching and learning. The well-researched pro/con issues provide much non-biased information for students and staff researching contemporary topics. The topic selections are worthwhile and of much value for research papers, class discussions and debates. I recommended this web site while teaching grad courses at Pratt Institute’s SILS (School of Information & Library Science).
The ProCon.org web site is a unique resource that will enhance critical thinking and student inquiry through analysis of issues."
Harriet Selverstone, Past President American Association of School Librarians, July 15, 2010
- "I'll be happy to share your Web site information [Death Penalty ProCon.org] with colleagues and friends. I think what you're doing is very important, because the only way for people to develop informed decisions about the death penalty is to look at both sides of the issue -- and its history -- objectively."
Cynthia Morris, June 25, 2010
- "Thank you for your expeditious and effective response to my email. I'm impressed - few organizations are ever that efficient!... I wish you and ProCon the greatest success.”
Michael Newdow, MD, JD, June 18, 2010
- "[Re: Deaths from Marijuana v. 17 FDA-Approved Drugs] What an incredible study! Being a data junkie myself, I find this study as precise and informative as needs to be to provide the single greatest service to people all across the nation."
Shane, June 12, 2010
- "I am a South African busy with my Master's Degree on the legalisation of prostitution. The information on your site [Prostitution ProCon.org] is fantastic and well researched. I would like to use your information on the timeline in my thesis."
Irma, May 27, 2010
- "One of our students found the ProCon page while researching a current, controversial topic. She brought it to my attention. I think it's terrific -- very useful for our history department's culminating project of researching all points of view on a current issue and then tracing that issue's journey to the present through a review of themes studied in world and U.S. history."
Rosemary Grotta, Library Media Teacher, Oak Ridge High School, May 18, 2010
- "While I love the site, you guys are making working a service job very difficult... It's becoming very hard not to correct people when they blow out some crazy lie about what's going on these days... I already knew most of it was wrong, but it is kind of empowering being able to back it all up :) Thank you!!"
Sam Ludden, Apr. 22, 2010
- "I found your site [Drinking Age ProCon.org] extremely helpful and accurate. I love the way it is organized and I would love to see more issues. Thanks so much for the site!"
Andrea Donahue, science teacher, Apr. 5, 2010
- "Great site [Health Care ProCon.org]. Keep up the excellent job."
Roger, Mar. 23, 2010
- "This [Medical Marijuana ProCon.org] site is fantastic. It would be interesting to allow people to vote on some of these issues. I'd also be interested to know if a there were 'updates' or 'new arguments' introduced on either side of a debate."
Jonathan, Mar. 15, 2010
"Excellent website. I'm building more activities into my classes using ProCon.org."
James C. Funk, Esq., Professor of Business Technologies, Marion Technical College, Mar. 15, 2010
"I have shared your site with social studies and other teachers. You do a great service for us."
Harriet Baker, Language Arts Department Chair, Riverwood Middle School, Mar. 12, 2010
"We require our 8th graders to be involved in a culminating project. It involves looking at a controversial topic, researching different sides of the issues, and completing a 4 - 6 page paper, Power Point, visual representing their topic and lastly, an 8 - 12 minute speech in front of community members. Your site has been invaluable to this year's 8th graders!"
Sue Snodgrass, teacher, St. Thomas Aquinas School, Mar. 12, 2010
- "I am currently doing an essay which my topic is 'Why can't felons vote? When does the punishment end?' I came across your site [Felon Voting ProCon.org] and found it to be quite interesting and informing."
Janet, Mar. 8, 2010
- "Thank you so much for the information you supplied me with! I would have been lost on my report without it."
Matt, Mar. 6, 2010
"I used the topic [Drinking Age ProCon.org] to create a rebuttal essay for my Comp II class. The background knowledge and different opinions really helped me develop my own opinion on the matter and create a quality essay."
Ted, Feb. 24, 2010
- "Thanks for a well organized and written site [Medical Marijuana ProCon.org]. I am writing a paper on the legalization subject and your site will be very useful."
Gary, Feb. 14, 2010
- "I recently heard your organization on NPR as a supporter, and want to say thank you. I just found your website and feel compelled to say what a wonderful service you are providing to people who truly want to know the honest facts regarding issues that are being discussed. Thank you and please keep up the great work!"
Bridgette, Feb. 8, 2010
- "I just found your web while doing some research on pros and cons on controversial topics. I wanted to thank you for the great information."
Linda, Jan. 20, 2010
- "I like the way the presentation [Drinking Age ProCon.org] was presented because it gave me a view of both ways. I was biased but I am now more understanding to lowering the drinking age."
Arianna, Dec. 14, 2009
- "I am doing a research paper on the death penalty and the consequences it carries. I have found some very interesting pros and cons on the death penalty. Your information has helped me considerably. Thank you so much for your research."
Joyce, Dec. 4, 2009
- "Excellent presentation of this very complicated subject [Social Security] - keep up the good work!"
Kim, Dec. 1, 2009
- "I found your site on pro/cons on drinking age to be the most helpful site I've found!"
Stefanie, Nov. 21, 2009
- "Excellent job laying out the issues, both sides of the issue, and providing more information should one decide to delve deeper into a fact or opinion. More ‘Americans' should be knowledgeable about both sides of this topic [Right to Health Care] and approach it with an open mind to understand the valid points that are raised by pro and con sides... Keep up the good work and start to advertise more as I learned of your website by your sponsorship of NPR radio. Thank you."
Jordan, Nov. 12, 2009
- "I love your website. I make reference to it all the time, especially when discussing hot topics on which I have a strong opinion. You should ‘publicize' this site more on news webpages, with CNN, Fox, etc... Please please please remain balanced. I don't detect any political leanings right now and I hope you keep it that way!"
Maureen, Nov. 12, 2009
- "If there was one word to describe ProCon.org, it would be 'Enlightenment.' Your website has and continues to provide valuable information on important issues."
Abe, Nov. 12, 2009
- "Excellent website. I plan to introduce it to my kids' middle school next week as part of a special healthcare talk I am giving as a guest lecturer. How do you pick your topics to research and feature on the website? You might consider looking at bills (or bills being considered) in Congress to discuss with enough advanced notice that people can email or call their representative/senator to express their now informed opinion due to a better understanding of the issues from your website. Thank you."
Jordan, Nov. 12, 2009
- "I'm a student at CSUF and used this site to help me with my medical marijuana persuasive speech. I found this site to be LEAGUES better than ANY other site I've ever used for a paper, essay, or speech. It was extremely difficult (nearly impossible, in fact) to find a non-biased source. Here, it doesn't filter opinions based on who donates the most, which some similar sites do. I was very pleased with the simplicity, organization, and overall usefulness of this site. Thank you very much, if I had any extra money sitting around, it would most definitely go straight to this site (truthfully)."
Robert, Nov. 8, 2009
- "I find your website really useful. Having moved to the US from Sweden some years ago I often feel that I don't have the overview and the background knowledge I would like to have. Your website makes it so much easier to catch up on topics I knew little about. Also, since I have a tendency to stick to the sources I agree with, ProCon makes it easy to see what those I don't agree with have to say."
Ingrid, Nov. 5, 2009
- "I would really like to personally thank you through this email for your tremendous work at www.ProCon.org. It is one of the most useful websites that I've ever seen with rich contents. I can find my knowledge base is increasing each time I visit that website. Good luck and please stay online."
Ibrahim Al-Hudhaif, Network Security Engineer at Al-Rajhi Bank (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia), Nov. 1, 2009
- "This is one of the best sites on the Internet for people that are trying to either form or clarify their personal opinions on the current topics of the day. Keep up the GREAT work."
Allen, Oct. 31, 2009
- "I'd like to thank you for hosting a site which objectively examines the Medical Marijuana issue. Of the sites that I've looked at, all have either been illegal Marijuana sales sites or poor quality anti-drug propaganda. I'd like to thank you for helping me form my opinions on the issue. As they say, knowledge is power."
Kevin, Oct. 27, 2009
- "I just now found this site, and I am in love with it. I'm a home school debater, and I can't wait to share this with all my friends! This is awesome! Keep up the great work!"
Emilie, Oct. 22, 2009
- "I am a sophomore in college doing a research paper, and I chose the topic [whether] voluntary euthanasia should be legalized. I have gotten so much useful information for my side of the argument and the opposition, from your website. I have truly come across a great website for this topic. Thanks so much."
Amanda, Oct. 14, 2009
- "EXCEPTIONAL; ProCon.org ranks with 'think tank' sites and Congressional Research Service Reports in its quality and usefulness for research on important issues. BRAVO."
Paul Barron, Director of Library and Archives at the George C. Marshall Foundation, Oct. 8, 2009
- "From this site [Drinking Age ProCon.org] I researched more information because the site really got me thinking."
Shannon, student, Oct. 6, 2009
- "Great topic [Right to the Health Care ProCon.org] and a must issue for people to understand. I am a high school teacher and I am using this in my upper level sociology course. We need more issues like this for our young people to understand more deeply. Keep up the good work!"
Rita Jordan-Keller, Ridley High School, Sep. 26, 2009
- "I really appreciate your approach to getting this and all information out in the manner you do. I am a teacher and use your site as a valuable resource. I even post links to your site to colleagues on hot issues, like this one [Right to the Health Care ProCon.org]. It is rare (and refreshing) to find information that is not over-burdened with intense bias and rhetoric."
Disa, Sep. 23, 2009
- "…it is highly unlikely that a piece of work that carefully-planned, consistent in following a very detailed set of policies, and high-quality could be a wiki."
Larry Sanger, co-founder of Wikipedia, Aug. 14, 2009
- "Pro Con is truly a world bank of information. They have contributed a wealth of information that causes the average person to think about current issues in a way that they never thought about before. Thank you Pro Con."
Joel, Aug. 10, 2009
- "I like your concept. I believe in trying to understand the deeper issues and marvel at people who shoot from the hip with strong opinions based much on simple emotion."
Thomas, Aug. 9, 2009
- "I like this website [Drinking Age ProCon.org] because it let me look at both pro & con so I could make a better decision where I stand before writing my composition II paper for a position argument."
Michael Hammond, Central Ohio Technical College student, Aug. 3, 2009
- "As for the site, I'm really impressed. I've seen enough cable news to know how little they try to show both sides of an argument. You do that in an understandable way, with verifiable facts and some well thought out opinion. You should be proud."
Matthew Jones, winner of the ProCon.org Scavenger Hunt contest, Aug. 3, 2009
- "Very happy to discover this site [Prescription Drugs ProCon.org]. News media are unworthy for one to form opinions by since it represents the biases of the editorial staff. I believe the truth can be best ferreted out by listening to the best pro and con arguments. It's a rarity to find a site devoted to this."
Will, Sun. Aug. 2, 2009
- "I want to commend you on presenting an unbiased, extremely informative, educational site [Medical Marijuana ProCon.org]. You have done a wonderful job consolidating information, both legal, scientific, and social in a structure and format that is user friendly.
One of the best web sites I've come across as far as content, layout, informational value!"
Karen, July 22, 2009
- "Greetings ProCon! Congratulations on your fifth year! I am proud, for having taken a small part, of your achievement and hope you continue to deliver the special knowledge you've been sharing with us.
If I could participate in your anniversary contest and if by chance I should win a hundred Dollars, I'd gladly give it back to your organization as a gift to the nobleness you have proven your cause to be.
In the Philippines, we salute you and as we'd say... "MABUHAY kayong lahat at SALAMAT sa ProCon"!
Jay Herrera, Dolores, Quezon (Philippines), July 3, 2009
- "The website ProCon.org is nonpartisan and not-for-profit and highly professional - what we all need for intelligently objective dialogue. I am supporting ProCon.org financially and in any way else I could help because we all need to think critically and not dogmatically or politically… I am glad to support this educational website because it helps us to be critical thinkers and to be less judgmental of others.”
Phil, July 2, 2009
- "I just wanted to say thanks for the site! Very informative, and very well put together. Thanks again!"
M., June 25, 2009
- "The Micro site is a quick and useful read on a topic I knew nothing about."
Steve, June 12, 2009
- "Your website is wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to research quality resources to teach such important issues."
Chrystina, June 8, 2009
- "I am doing a research paper on felon voting rights. I want to say thank you for excellent work; I have found many resources that would have been hidden in the recesses of the Internet without ProCon.org."
Alisha, Apr. 22, 2009
- "I heard about this site through an elementary school teacher, who uses the juxtaposed arguments to teach his students about critical thinking. 20 timely, controversial issues are laid out very plainly in terms of the pro- and con-arguments... Might be really helpful when you just can't wrap your head around the opposing viewpoint (as many of us have encountered...)."
Meghan, Apr. 13, 2009
- "Your site is an excellent overview of the life and times of the ACLU. Since the early 1980s, I have never seen one mainstream press report challenging the mission of the ACLU, the mainstream media seeming to have adopted the agenda of the private organization as if part of the Constitution, and therefore never to be investigated as to its motives.
I thought in an environment of a free press, it was strange the press has given the ACLU a pass for almost 20 years, as if taking sides rather than staying neutral."
Gary, Mar. 22, 2009
- "Your website is excellent. One of the best websites I have ever seen so far. I would like to see more issues about solutions even if it starts with crude ideas..."
Bill, Mar. 12, 2009
- "You are providing a very valuable service."
Helen Caldicott, MBBS, Former President of the Nuclear Policy Research Institute and Co-founder of Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR), Mar. 5, 2009
- "Keep up the great work. We truly need an unbiased, nonpartisan organization like yours to help us ‘sift’ through such major domestic socio-economic issues that ProCon.org places a powerful spotlight on for Americans to become enlightened and engaged in OUR democracy! Count on me to keep ‘spreading the gospel’ of ProCon.org!!!"
Michael A. Freeman, Executive Director, Trans-American Alliance for a National Consensus (TANC), Mar. 3, 2009
- "I found your site very informative and fair in its pros and cons for and against... I am not one to condone drug use but your site gave me new insight into this matter and gave me a more natural alternative and new hope. I found your web site when I was looking up this subject after hearing on the news about a town in southwest Missouri [Cliff Village] that passed such a law [allowing the use of medical marijuana]... I will be watching and checking it often not just for this issue but all the issues. ProCon.org does offer fair evaluation of subjects and I am happy to visit your site any time..."
Michelle, Feb. 26, 2009
- "This site is excellent, well laid out and informative (obviously), an essential resource for teachers worldwide!"
Robert, Feb. 26, 2009
- "I found your site [Israeli-Palestinian Conflict ProCon.org] while looking for information on Israeli Prime Ministers... I had no idea you were out there and found your website to be of great value in illuminating the Israeli-Palestinian situation. When I returned, I discovered the greater mission of encouraging critical thinking and providing information on a variety of issues -- fantastic work, and thank you again."
Melanie, Feb. 20, 2009
- "I did a general search on about 5 search engines for ACLU. The fact that your website states 'procon' made me want to check it out. I wanted the whole picture and not one point of view. Excellent information; excellent website."
Daryl, Feb. 12, 2009
- "During this era of 'newspeak' and a one sided 'free press' it is refreshing to find a site that tries to promote an equal presentation."
Charles, Jan. 19, 2009
- "I found your site during the presidential campaign and referred many of my friends to it. I had so many friends who were buying into the misinformation being circulated by biased sources and ProCon.org was one place I could count on giving well researched and unbiased presentation of the facts."
Joanna, Jan. 17, 2009
- "This has been a very informing website I am glad you guys put this together. I am studying about marijuana and its affect on the human body... The website is so cool and informing on a scale from 1-10 this website is a 100!!!"
Kandice, Jan. 15, 2009
- "I discovered your site via Google last summer during the presidential election. I was looking for some unbiased information to help me choose between Senators McCain and Obama. Your site was instrumental in my ultimate choice of Senator Obama. I now subscribe to your RSS feed and refer to your site regularly. I also refer other people on a regular basis. I sometimes get into contentious discussions on message boards and have often cited ProCon.org in these discussions. People on both the left and the right seem to respect the site as a good source of information, and as an excellent starting point for further research."
Pete, Jan. 7, 2009
- "Thank you for putting this site out there. It's nice to have an unbiased view on so many important topics. I will share this with all my friends and colleagues."
Jason, Jan. 3, 2009
- "The whole project looks wonderful, from the point of view both of a researcher and of someone who loves neutrality in educational resources. My compliments also to whoever designed the site and its software. It is remarkably well-laid-out...
I am also impressed by the apparent care and thought that went into making the resource as a whole both neutral and open. They seem to have really thought out just what you would have to do in order to create a neutral debate site, and have gone far above and beyond the approach that most newspapers or encyclopedias take. Among other things, I am glad that they both let partisans state their own views as forcefully as possible, and give amazingly full information about the partisans and their affiliations. In short, I am heartened that - it seems - there might be somebody out there who believes as much as I do in the possibility and beneficiality of neutrality."
Larry Sanger, co-founder of Wikipedia, Dec. 15, 2008
- "After reading your current pro/con discussion on the topic I was very impressed by the fact that your commentators were so balanced and fair about such a controversial and emotional issue. I try to maintain the same approach in order to encourage discussion among my students. It's important for young people to be given the best information possible and then let them formulate their own opinions and draw their own conclusions. Your site encourages this kind of thoughtful scholarship."
Gary Wenk, PhD, Professor in the Department of Psychology at Ohio State University, Dec. 11, 2008
- "I like the mini-site. It is crisp and very informative. I also like the non-partisan tone of the content."
Gopal, Dec. 3, 2008
- "I think the site is fantastic. That is the best, most comprehensive comparison I have seen to date. I look forward to seeing the site grow.”
Marcos, Dec. 3, 2008
- "You guys are great! Exactly the kind of research congress needs in order to define a solution."
Ralph, Dec. 3, 2008
- "Thank you for providing this information, I have been waiting for some sort of comparison between the automakers during this critical time."
Geoff, Dec. 3, 2008
- "The mini site about the Big Three is absolutely FABULOUS! Thanks for distilling all of this down in such an objective manner."
Lanakila, Dec. 3, 2008
- "Thank you for having this info available. I just completed my thesis on prostitution and your site was most valuable!"
Ida, Nov. 29, 2008
- "Thank you for allowing us to see that there is still some concrete fact seeking research going on. Today's media noise seems to be hyper and presumed. Hysterical news is getting quite tired. Substantive news is really more interesting - and fun. Thank you."
Sophia, Nov. 22, 2008
- "We have found your site to be an excellent resource. Your work providing both pro and con so that readers can make an informed decision. Your site is so well developed we feel it will be one of our must see sites for individuals seeking information. Knowledge is power. Thank you and keep up the good work."
Charlie, Nov. 21, 2008
- "I am the librarian in a grade 7-8 middle school in northern New Jersey. I put together an information pathfinder for an 8th grade English class doing a persuasive writing unit. The kids whose issues are covered on ProCon.org are finding it very useful in their research. As their teacher-librarian, I am always happy to find current, authoritative and, in the case of these hot issues, balanced information for my students. This is an excellent resource for our students. Thanks!”
Mary Kay Risi, Teacher-Librarian at River Dell Middle School (River Edge, NJ), Nov. 13, 2008
- "I believe what you are doing is INCREDIBILY important in an age of Rush Limbaugh and pre-spun, impressionistic, image-driven decision-making. It takes time (lots of it, as you know) to ferret out the truth. And most everyone is too busy (or lazy) to do the digging. You're doing God's work! I'm glad to promote your website, and I'll be back for my own reference later. Thanks again and keep up the good work!”
Michael Greer, Webmaster of www.bestfreetraining.net, Nov. 11, 2008
- "I think it is safe to say you have the most comprehensive source of information on the issue of insider trading by Congress in the world."
Bruce Carton, JD, Editor of Securities Docket, Nov. 6, 2008
- "Thank you for your in-depth research on the presidential candidates' stances on the various issues. Up until this morning, I was still undecided on who to vote for. I was actually leaning towards one candidate based on hearsay. After taking time to go through each candidate's profile, I was surprised to find the other candidate was the one whom I felt best represented my beliefs and interests. I appreciated knowing if either candidate changed their stance on an issue and what it was before. So, thank you ProCon.org for the great work! I will definitely look you up next time around."
Carla, Nov. 4, 2008
- "I wanted to first of all comment on how useful I found your website. I am currently researching the laws related to prostitution in all 50-states and have used your research as a starting place. I cannot begin to convey how many hours your work has saved me. Thank you."
Andrew, Oct. 29, 2008
- "Great site, has really helped me for a paper I am writing on the disenfranchisement of felons."
Chris, Oct. 20, 2008
- "I wanted to let you know that I am a big fan of your website [Insider Trading by Congress ProCon.org]."
David, Oct. 14, 2008
- "I am a graduate student from New Mexico writing a policy paper AND a legal research paper on the legalizing of marijuana for medical purposes in our state. I am beginning the process by broadly researching the issue and will turn my focus to the state soon. I knew nothing before I began my research.
It was a lucky day when I found your site and I just want to tell you that is one the most thorough, well organized, easy to read, well thought out, well referenced sites I've ever been on. I'm sure there are other accolades I could give you, but for now, I want to share how impressed I am with the caliber of material and presentation you have achieved. Thank you.
Thank you for your very good works....A very grateful student"
Anonymous, Oct. 13, 2008
- "Just wanted you to know that I use your election site everyday with my GATE (Gifted And Talented Expand) students, and emphasize the importance of them getting as unbiased information as they can. I sing your praises to them. We pull up the site on the Smartboard, and gain so much from it everyday. Thank you ever so much for providing this invaluable opportunity. My students are responsible for running our mock election in our building... nearly 700 students, plus all our staff!! They will be armed with factual info for sure."
Disa, Oct. 9, 2008
- "Hey! Love your site! [Milk ProCon.org] It's really helped several of my Advanced English students with their research papers."
Sherri, Oct. 3, 2008
- "Thanks for such an informative and critical 2008 election website. Your work contributes substantively to the demand for an honest and inclusive presidential debate at a time when the majority of American voters are arguably unhappy with the two major parties and their candidates."
Zool, Sep. 28, 2008
- "During the summer session, my humanities class met every day. Because of that, I was able to use pro-con subject material two to three times a week; your service was invaluable in helping students understand various issues in much more depth than that to which they are accustomed. Usually students know (or think they know) whether they are 'for' or 'against' something, but they are clueless as to solid reasons relative to each position. Pro-con brings subjects to life for them, making for a much more meaningful learning experience.
I also plan to use your service later in the current semester."
Steve Clark, Adjunct Instructor of Humanities at Wayne Community College, Sep. 18, 2008
- "The born gay site is really informative. I learned a lot. I was doing a research paper for a class and the site really helped me out."
Michelle, Sep. 12, 2008
- "I heard about your website on NPR here in Atlanta and I just wanted to say thanks!"
Anna, Sep. 10, 2008
- "I was listening to the Diane Rehm Show on NPR and she mentioned that listeners should visit ProCon.org for further information. I don't remember what the topic was but I wrote the URL down. It's an excellent site. I visit it fairly regularly as I do FactCheck.org. I have also spread the word."
Betty, Aug. 18, 2008
- "As someone long involved in these issues (as a former professor of Mideast affairs and, later, as a pro-Rabin peace activist, I must say that overall your site [Israeli-Palestinian Conflict ProCon.org] - and the whole ProCon concept - is amazingly good and important."
Edward, Aug. 5, 2008
- "Finally a well written, up-to-date, comprehensive and certainly detailed summary of the candidates' views on all issues. Also to post several questions to one issue (i.e. China, Economy, Iraq) gives us a better insight into what the candidates are saying. I look forward to further updates. Great job and thank you."
Sophia, July 25, 2008
- "Congratulations. The new site [Israeli-Palestinian Conflict ProCon.org] is outstanding and easy to navigate. The Palestinian/Israeli dilemma has and continues to be a detriment to world peace. Maintaining a non-biased forum where this important issue can be discussed is helpful in finding a solution."
Abraham, July 8, 2008
- "The ProCon site is excellent: balanced, reasoned and not packed with the useless nonsense that choke most political web sites. Love it. And you can quote me on that!"
Doug Brooks, Founder and President of International Peace Operations Association (IPOA), June 3, 2008
- "The Israeli-Palestinian ProCon site is highly educational and current. It is the best site I have seen on this topic."
Gerson, May 22, 2008
- "I have a course on Present Issues in the World International Politics and I had to do a little research for a debate on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. While I did come across other sites, yours [Israeli-Palestinian Conflict ProCon.org] proved a very useful source of information. Nicely structured and easy to use on short notice."
Toma, May 5, 2008
- "I'm impressed with your fairness about the Middle East... Many thanks for your web site [Isreali-Palestinian Conflict ProCon.org]."
Pauline, Apr. 23, 2008
- "I'm a final year student of Religious Studies, at Trinity College, Carmarthen (Wales, UK). The population statistics [on Israeli-Palestinian Conflict ProCon.org] are a useful resource for part of my dissertation. I will definitely recommend your website to others."
Jess, Apr. 21, 2008
- "I'm very pleased to have been able to contribute in a small way to your extraordinary website. I believe that your website is demonstrably American democracy at its best!"
Mike Dulberger, President of Informedforlife.org, Apr. 21, 2008
- "Great site. keep up the good work. Love it! Its great for accurate realistic information."
Luke, Apr. 13, 2008
- "I looked at your Procon.org website, and I found it interesting that people on both sides of an issue argued that the Procon was biased against them. To me, that's a good indication that you are in the middle."
Alexander, Apr. 8, 2008
- "This site [Israeli-Palestinian Conflict ProCon.org] rox! I was having so much trouble finding more info on this conflict, when BAM! the site came up and I click on it. I got a 102% on my project because I had so much information- and answered the really hard extra credit question. THANK YOU www.procon.org!"
Malarie, Apr. 7, 2008
- "Thank you to ProCon.org for putting together this excellent educational site. There is so much to know and you've organized the information in a way that is easy to navigate and understand.
I stumbled upon ProCon.org via google search in my quest to gain a better understanding of the election process and who the candidates are for 2008. By far procon.org had the most in-depth and valuable information that I found. And I spent many hours searching the internet. I wanted to understand each candidate, their issues to make sure my vote goes to the most qualified candidate. I've shared this site with my community a while back as there are many in my community may benefit from this site. Especially our youths.
As I say, there is so much information out on the internet and it is difficult determining which is credible and which is not. I can not imagine how much time and effort is put into a site like procon.org. And best of all, it is FREE to the public. I am enlightened and it did not cost me a dime. How beautiful is that. Thank you again."
Chanly Bob, Board Chairman of Cambodian-American Community of Oregon, Apr. 3, 2008
- "Thank you! We watch the news and read newspapers looking for this information and all they (corporate news) give us are poll numbers, fashion updates and gossip. Thank you again."
Sherry, Apr. 1, 2008
- "I very much appreciate your help on the research. In this class called 'Visual Communication Lab', we have to pick a topic and decide what message we are going to send to the public. I choose Prostitution as my topic. The voice of my book is not about to legalized prostitution or not but I want the society to look at prostitution in different perspective. As an international student from Southeast Asia, and now studying in America, this is actually an interesting topic for me to chase down with. I hope my final book can successfully send the message that I wish to the public.
ProCon website is full of information and that's why I plan to invite some representative from ProCon. I will include ProCon website in my invitation card as well as my book.
I appreciate your and interest on my project. Thanks again for everything, the information as well as your prompt response. Have a great day!"
Siow Werm Goh, Student at Academy of Art University (San Francisco), Mar. 26, 2008
- "I was talking to my mother on the phone a few nights ago & I was getting a bit irritated with her & myself, and how we just take what others say as fact and do not form our own opinions from our own research. So, I typed some key words into a search engine and your site popped up. The first thing I did was go to the About Us page & I read up on how ProCon got started. Right then I knew I had found a truthful site that would really help me figure out what I need to know, right now! Who do I want to run this country!"
Laura Feb. 19, 2008
- "It has taken me nearly 50 years to reach this point. After voting in my first (1956) presidential election I became disenchanted, and have not voted in any subsequent elections. I believe that everyone has the right to vote for whichever candidate they choose for whatever reasons they choose. However it seems that those who vote should be aware of their reasons so that they can at least be honest with themselves.
In 1960 the availability of and access to competing candidates characteristics and positions demanded far more effort than it does today. Your website ProCon.org provides by far the best compiled and supported data of that type that I have found. Using your data and adding to it other parameters unique to the potential voter might finally give justification to making the statement -- 'Now I am ready to vote, and here is why I am voting this way.' While this statement doesn't need to be made to others, at least the voter can honestly say to himself - I know why-."
David Feb. 19, 2008
- "I just want to say this site is amazing. I wish I knew about it when I was in high school it would have helped me out a lot. I'm in college now and I have to write about a controversial issue of my profession im entering which is the medical profession. I have to compare 3 website and without a doubt this one was the best and displayed the most information and was unbiased."
Amanda, Feb. 19, 2008
- "I found your site quite by accident, but am very glad I did. I hope to gain more insight into such current issues."
Terri, Feb. 19, 2008
- "I am requiring that my speech and debate students use your websites for the final exam. We are doing debates for the final, and you guys have websites for three of the four topics. Brilliant! You should market your website to speech teachers."
Carl Rogers, Teacher at Redondo Union High School, Redondo Beach, CA, Jan. 16, 2008
- "Thank you very much for your very informative and unbiased web site [2008 Election ProCon.org]. You have helped clear up many questions I had concerning these people. I salute you and have told others about you!"
John, Jan. 9, 2008
- "Finally! Something easy and concise for selecting a candidate [2008 Election ProCon.org]. I feel people are too lazy to vote or confused on issues and candidates, but if they realize there is a vehicle that will streamline the confusion or bias, maybe they would be more inclined to vote. Thanks SO MUCH!"
Christi, Jan. 6, 2008
- "I just want to thank you for what you're doing. It seems almost impossible to get information that isn't skewed in some way. I can't tell you how much I appreciate being able to go to your site that has basic facts in one place and allows me to form my own opinions and make my own decisions. It is a shame that there are so few places people can go. Thank you! Keep up the great work!!!"
Kristen, Jan. 5, 2008
- "I just wanted to thank you. This site was easy to follow and understand. It was quick to get the info I was looking for and the links for more information were helpful as well. You have done a fabulous job and again, thank you!"
Anonymous, Dec. 25, 2007
- "Bravo. A historic first. [You] deserve a medal for 'The Office of Information.' Never before have the people of the U.S. and the world, at the touch of a button, have available to them unbiased, concise, verified information of candidates involved in a U.S. presidential election. Like the 'Oscars,' if awards were given for outstanding public service on the internet, you would be a shoo-in."
Morrie, Dec. 16, 2007
- "I greatly appreciate the work of ProCon in general. I am a graduate student of international political economy at The Fletcher School at Tufts University in Medford, MA (USA) and am preparing a case study about prostitution, human trafficking and the World Cup 2010 (South Africa). I would like to include (with citation) the table located on prostitution.procon.org. The work will not be published but is being presented to a group of about 75 students this Thursday. I will be sure to let other people know about the fabulous service provided by ProCon."
Elizabeth, Nov. 27, 2007
- "I am doing a persuasive speech on why 'under God' should be taken out of the Pledge, and this website [Under God ProCon.org] was a great source. I learned a lot on this subject! And now I support this more than ever."
Megan, Nov. 24, 2007
- "I have used your site [Medical Marijuana ProCon.org] for two different classes this semester. Your site was definitely the best I have found as far as online resources go. I used this site for my speech class (I did a persuasive speech) as well as for my philosophy class (Is marijuana use ethical?) I received 'A's' on both. And thank you for the other interesting sites!"
Alyssa, student at Notre Dame College, Nov. 14, 2007
- "I enjoy the historical facts presented [at Under God ProCon.org]. All of this should be MANDATORY to be taught in our public schools, as it is said 'If we do not know history we will repeat the horrors of the past again.' Thank you for the web site."
Erika, Oct. 18, 2007
- "Your website [Israeli-Palestinian ProCon.org] is very well done and useful for experts and everybody."
Federico (Italy), Oct. 16, 2007
- "I am impressed with what I have seen and would certainly recommend your site [Milk ProCon.org]."
Michael B. Zemel, PhD, Professor of Nutrition and Medicine at The University of Tennessee Oct. 2, 2007
- "I am very much enjoying reading, studying and learning the articles you write here on procon.org. Congratulations on such a good and competent work, which is meant to give us more accurate information of what is going on in the world concerning these issues."
Paulo, Sep. 26, 2007
- "I like the concept and content of your website because it stimulates critical thinking, the bread and butter of culture and civilization."
Adrian, Sep. 20, 2007
- "What a Treat! Wow! Best detailed info on Iraq I have read. I am a political research historian on Reagan-Clinton-Bush administrations and thank you. I will copy most of your information. I will suggest others contact you... A GREAT FORUM WITH MUCH USEFUL INFO. THANKS."
Clarence, Sep. 6, 2007
- "I am a Social Work major. I am doing a paper on prostitution and whether or not it should be legalized. I was so excited to discover your website!!! After much research on the web, I finally got to yours and it summarizes everything that I wanted to say. I will be referencing you a lot and will pass on your website to all the students. Thank you for your unbelievable work."
Laura, Sep. 2, 2007
- "Great topics, great format, great presentation..... I believe it will be recognized as one of the most important and informative programs on the air and should receive the honors it justly merits... All people involved in making it the success it is deserve the publics thanks for the much needed service it is offering.....Nowhere else, in school, in our assorted media or any source available can one obtain information on timely controversial subjects which has been collected in a costly laborious manner, studiously researched.........Kudos to all the staff."
Morrie, July 28, 2007
- "I came across your site linked from a Chicago Times sidebar. I am very impressed with the fact that a site like this actually exists. I'm a Christian, so naturally I have my own perspective on things, but I am very, very pro-critical thinking, and I believe a site like yours helps people cut through the crap and clutter of political correctness. Keep up the good work!!!"
Andy, June 12, 2007
- "I'm planning to teach an adult education class in my synagogue this fall about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and I intend to use many of the resources on your wonderful website [Israeli-Palestinian Conflict ProCon.org]."
Janice, May 25, 2007
- "Great site. It's really nice to find a site on Iraq that doesn't get bogged down in the politics and just presents the facts. This type of format really makes it easy to dissect the issues. Thanks again and I look forward to your response."
Chris, May 22, 2007
- "I would like to think you for both this site and the concept of providing both sides of an argument/position. And after a visit to your site. I find your efforts to provide the best of both sides to be outstanding."
L. Mack, May 8, 2007
- "[ProCon.org] is the best concentration of facts that I've been able to find on these subjects. Thank you for the enormous effort it must have taken. Your effort to put 'balance' into internet research is what sets you apart from, and above, the rest of the crowd. I thank you profusely (and do feel free to use that quote)."
Randy Frazier, motivational speaker and Arkansas park ranger, Mar. 15, 2007
- "I love the site [Israeli-Palestinian Conflict ProCon.org]. It helped me make an 'A' on my history project. Thanks, keep up the good work!!!!!!!!"
Jasmine, Mar. 1, 2007
- "I can't tell you [how] much this site [Euthanasia ProCon.org] has helped me. This was a wonderful idea, everything you would need to know is ALL right here. GREAT JOB!"
Nancy, Feb. 4, 2007
- "I trust you guys as reliable sources. Please do a site on the next presidential election to help me decide, I would use any information you post. I found you when researching medical marijuana. You were one of my best resources, and after that project I showed it to my teacher. She really likes your website, so we decided to recommend you as a source for debate class. My favorite topic you have is Medical Marijuana, followed by ACLU and Under God.
One other suggestion I have is over the death penalty. We debated it at school, and it's a tough issue. I feel that most people support it, but don't know much about it. The more people think about it, the more they think it's not a good idea. Perhaps your site could help educate people and show them the facts.
Also, Intelligent Design could be a topic.
Thank you for responding, I appreciate it immensely. Even though the next Presidential Election doesn't fit your style, consider having a separate website for it that branches off of ProCon.org."
Neal (Richmond, IN), Feb. 1, 2007
- "Become your own devil's advocate with a little help from a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that presents contentious social issues in a classic pro-con format. Aptly titled ProCon.org presents facts, news, expert and government perspectives on issues as far-ranging as whether sexual preference is nature of nurture, whether medical use of marijuana should be allowed and the practicality of nuclear power. To make sure there are no charlatans opining on the site, ProCon.org devised 'theoretical credibility rankings' for a range of sources for which, of course, it lists the pros and cons."
Beth Zimmerman, Founder of Cerebellas business consulting firm, in the company's Jan. 2007 newsletter
- "You're doing a great job on your Website. I think ProCon.org is great for students writing a report or people who can't decide on a certain issue. I love how ProCon.org is unbiased and provides readers with both sides instead of just one. You also cited your sources, ensuring readers that your site is credible so keep up the great work! I hope more procon websites are coming soon."
Jessica, Jan. 30, 2007
- "I found this site [Under God ProCon.org] while researching the background of the Pledge of Allegiance. It was great to have a site where both sides are shown so I am provided with actual information instead of someone's opinion. Thank you so much for this site!"
Catie, Jan. 25, 2007
- "I think what Procon does is fantastic, I really do and I think what I really liked since I first found out about it was the public education angle that it has - mainly because informative/educational work is my main focus when it comes to writing my articles and producing the radio program: to show people all sides of the story and let them decide what they think instead of telling them 'how' to read the story. I think procon does just that which is simply great!"
Yasaman Azarpajouh, Canadian Television Inc., Jan. 17, 2007
- "This is an excellent site! I am deeply interested in controversial issues and this site surely takes the cake in providing invaluable information for argument's sake!"
Brandon, Jan. 16, 2007
- "I was very impressed with the concept of a blank sheet of paper with the pros and cons listed side by side. I once saved my marriage 25 years ago with just such a system...and use it on other important matters. Sometimes it is not the balance in the Pro or Con columns that decide the fate of the decision making process, but rather the quality of the answers and their value in outcomes."
Mary, Jan. 14, 2007
- "You have assembled a very helpful resource. Well done. I am glad to be affiliated with this site." [in reference to Euthanasia ProCon.org]
Joshua Perry, Assistant Professor, The Center for Biomedical Ethics and Society, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Jan. 11, 2007
- "This [Israeli-Palestinian ProCon.org] is a very valuable site, in my opinion. I have lived in Israel-Palestine for 7-1/2 years as an American volunteer and am convinced that an integrated, objective narrative of 'what happened' historically in this Land (and 'why')is simply not possible. There are too many overlays of tribalism, mythology and selective memory. So, this kind of side-by-side analysis is perhaps the next best thing. Thanks for making it available."
Tom, Dec. 19, 2006
- "I enjoy this website. I recommend this to friends so that they can see both sides of an issue from the center."
Dave, Dec. 6, 2006
- "I DO like to read your site. Any time reasonable people share their views without a bias being shown by the writers, it is good for everyone. Personal situations do help to place the pro-con questions in a brighter light. Thank you for the site!"
Gladys, Nov. 15, 2006
- "Well I think this [US-Iraq ProCon.org] is a great site. I've found out a lot of answers to my questions that no one else knew [...] just keep up the great work.... thanks."
Kelly, Oct. 31, 2006
- "Very much appreciate your attempt to present arguments from both sides of this question - although I strongly suspect that is a gross oversimplification...."
M. Henri, Oct. 14, 2006
- "Thank you for your intellectual honesty and clarity. This site [Israeli-Palestinian ProCon.org] should be advertised on more traditional media so that curious members of the general public can learn. Traditional forms of news and information have let the public down by substituting salaciousness and 'infotainment' for facts and reasoned discourse."
Ralph, Aug. 6, 2006
- "This [Israeli-Palestinian ProCon.org] has been the most informative site I have found yet on the middle east history, conflicts and maps. With interest of the conflict going on now and lack of the history knowledge, I was looking for some good maps of the area (close up enough to areas to see) and where, when and how this all started. I found just what I needed right here. It helps me understand and as a mother I can now help my kids increase their knowledge and follow what is at hand. Thank you so much this is a GREAT site!"
Cindy, July 23, 2006
- "I love your simple, precise rendition of history. It's better than going to school!"
Rose, July 14, 2006
- "If the world would start looking at things like this pro/con way maybe people would learn to respect each others differences a little bit more."
Hazystrains, July 1, 2006
- "I am writing a paper for my senior government class. My topic is religious implications in the pledge and/or motto. I would like to thank you for creating this site. It has been an abundant help. Your unbiased representation and distribution of facts is informative and appreciated. Thank You."
Ariana, Apr. 17, 2006
- "I spent over an hour reviewing your site [Israeli-Palestinian ProCon.org] looking for a bias and found none. While many may see and judge this site through a polarized view point, I found it to be a very good source of balanced information, thank you for the good work. I would recommend this to everyone who wants to get deeper than the headlines and in to a very complex history and circumstances. I pray for a peaceful resolution for everyone caught in this conflict."
Justin, Apr. 13, 2006
- "I wasn't sure if this site was truly balanced (seemed a little right leaning with the sources) but when so many complain that it is leftist then I may consider you balanced. Or maybe I am radical left. ACLU holds our bigoted nation accountable to our higher ideals. Thank Goddess!"
Anonymous, Mar. 27, 2006
- "I really think that ProCon.org is extremely useful because it helped me find information for an English paper I am trying to do. Thank you procon.org."
Michelle, Mar. 14, 2006
- "I would just like to let you know how much of a help your website has been to me! I have to participate in a debate at school, and when I was researching my topic, I came across your website. I haven't needed to go to a single other website! Thank you so much for an informative, organized webpage---you guys are awesome!"
Rachel, Mar. 6, 2006
- "So glad to have found your site (referred by a friend). Tremendously informative and helpful - had a great discussion with my significant other (gentile) - while I am Jewish - about Israel-Palestine - and did not get to fisticuffs! Also - great to inform my teenage children. And to keep my own head straight! Thank you."
Olga, Feb. 19, 2006
- "I like your site very much. We are bombarded with info, often biased. It is so good to have a clear, fair presentation of the issues and facts. This is a wonderful resource. Thanks so much. I am forwarding to friends and family."
Hassie, Jan. 24, 2006
- "You do a marvelous job on all sites I've visited. Keep up the good work. Civil remedies for uncivil wrongs are the pathways for a future of peace. Without justice, there can only be violence. Theocracy is Treason. Hell threats are not made ok with heaven bribes."
Larry, Jan. 24, 2006
- "Considering that the United States is suffering from a divide in opinion in many areas, a site like this seems to be mandatory in bringing different (and sometimes almost combative) points of view together to have a forum to discuss differences in a rational manner, and perhaps find points of commonality that one may not find using other avenues. The website is very well laid-out, was very easy to navigate, and the purpose, methodology and the financial information provided added legitimacy and professionalism to your organization. The staff and the webmaster should be commended for this!"
Rudolph, Jan. 12, 2006
- "I am on the debate team at school and your website has been the best resource for my last two debates. (Which regarded the Pledge and the Iraqi War.) Thank You!!!"
Brittany, Jan. 4, 2006
- "I have said so often that a perfect teacher will give no clue to a student as to his personal beliefs. ProCon.org qualifies as one such teacher."
Bart, Nov. 12, 2005
- "This is an informative website and gives both sides so the reader can decide for themselves that the ACLU is not for equal rights at all."
Brenda, Oct. 22, 2005
"This is possibly the best site on the gay debate I've ever come across. I am to enter a meting with Church Leaders discussing this issue over the following three days, and what a brilliant find this was."
Andries, Oct. 17, 2005
- "I want to thank you so much for all the research you and your people have put into answering my inquiry - I am touched and impressed - I don't find that in most organizations or businesses today."
Jane, Sep. 24, 2005
- "This site forces me to consider both/all sides of an argument without trying to promote my own perspective. It's a little like writing with my left hand in that it doesn't feel natural but won't hurt me."
Julie, Sep.19, 2005
- "I have just discovered your website, and I want congratulate you on it. It certainly goes a little way in restoring the world's confidence in a crazy nation led by a madman."
Ted, Aug. 10, 2005
- "Hey man keep up the good work discussing controversial issues in an objective fashion -- its all about the facts."
T-Bone, July 21, 2005
- "Thank you for your e-mail. I was already familiar with your web site [Isreali-Palestinian Conflict ProCon.org] and admire the excellent work you've done in creating a good impartial resource."
Clifford A. Wright, MA, former Staff Fellow at the Institute of Arab Studies, July 18, 2005
- "Just came across your site [Isreali-Palestinian Conflict ProCon.org] and really appreciate your objectives and the resulting efforts you've compiled. The format the information is provided in is great as well in my opinion... It is encouraging to see people putting so much effort into presenting factual and unbiased information on such important issues. That you're not doing it for profit makes it all the more appreciated."
Jon, June 25, 2005
- "...[T]hank you too for making your web site's resources available to the public. Yours is a valuable public service, and I commend you for it."
Daniel, June 5, 2005
- "I had to do a critical thinking project. What I decided to do it on was go to local places, ask children if they knew the pledge, and then ask the parents if they cared if 'god' was in the pledge or not. I also then had to write a five page paper. Thank you SOOO much for your information. Your site helped me a LOT. I really hope I get a good grade. My professor liked the idea, so I hope she likes the project! so, thanks again!"
Carolyn, May 4, 2005
- "I think this [ProCon.org] is a good idea, and the site is performing a valuable service. Informed (and, as far as possible, dispassionate) discussion is essential. The problem is, of course, that in trying to be even-handed you are virtually saying that, whatever the issue, either pro or con could be OK. If this is the only info people have on such issues they may well be persuaded anew to the bias, or prejudice, with which they began."
Allan, May 3, 2005
- "I would just like to tell you what an informative, professional and just plain neat website you all have. I'm 47, part-time student, part-time electrician. I have been enquiring about employment with contractors in Iraq. So, the information you provide here is just amazing to me. It has helped me to gain a broader perspective of the Iraqi situation."
Gerald, Apr. 22, 2005
- "'Promoting informed citizenship.' I think the first phrase of your goal statement best describes what you do on this website. I love it; keep it up."
Jim Thigpen, Apr. 13, 2005
[Jim won the ProCon.org slogan contest with this contribution. He received a $100 check and our deepest gratitude for his idea. Thanks Jim!]
- "I like this site because it has been very helpful in my research for a school project."
Emily, Apr. 2, 2005
- "I'm compelled to write and thank you for your work on the Palestine/Israel issue. I've been researching both sides of the conflict myself and I can't tell you how refreshing it is to find the history and issues presented, stripped of the rarely avoided emotion and emotional language."
Wayne, Mar. 24, 2005
- "ProCon is superb! Congratulations to you and everyone in your organization for providing such a great service."
Patricia, Jan. 18, 2005
- "Here's the problem with your premise: there isn't a pro or a con to myriad issues. What's the 'pro,' for example, of raping children? What's the 'con,' for example, of arithmetic?
I find your dichotomous approach to be part of the today's problem where there is some sort of notion that everything is up for discussion and that all opinions should be head. Some shouldn't. I would posit that yours shouldn't...
For goodness' sakes, you seem to be well-meaning: open up your eyes and your ears. Get off this notion that there are always two sides. That's nonsense..."
Bix, May 3, 2015
- "ProCon is not doing their job vetting sources or even reporting on the backgrounds of the 'experts' they cite [on Climate Change ProCon.org]. ProCon has managed to muddy the waters and sully its reputation with this FOX-esque 'fair and balanced' approach to this vitally important issue. SHAME!"
John Varner, Apr. 12, 2015
- "I recently heard your promotional spots on NPR, and was excited to check out the procon.org website. I am sorely disappointed. By using statements by TV personalities, Sarah Palin and congressional representatives who lack specific expertise, this makes a mockery of critical thinking."
Karen, Dec. 1, 2014
- "I heard about procon.org on the radio. I had hoped that the pros and cons would have been factual pros and cons but instead they are quotes from politicians and others and the reader of procon.org still doesn't know what part of the quote is correct and what part is incorrect and how facts may be distorted. I was very disappointed in the site... doesn't help the reader understand the true facts about an issue."
Robert, Nov. 18, 2013
- "I understand your policy of attempting to remain neutral on issues. However, as implemented, the material on climatechange.procon.org seems to have limited use beyond other material on the internet. I have read the page http://climatechange.procon.org/credibility-ranking.php in which credibility ranking is described. However, the climate change page contains no indications as to credibility ranking of the pro/con entries or the other prose sections. If the intent of your site is to enlighten a reader who has no special knowledge of climate change, presenting opinions from both sides without some indication of the credibility of the entry is not useful."
Ed Silha, Mar. 8, 2012
- "...[T]he most inaccurate political blog on the web. Also extremely biased."
John, Oct. 4, 2012
- "I don't think you are 'non-partisan' and I HOPE you folks don't REALLY believe that bulls**t.
Giving right-wing ideologues a voice and calling some of their unconstitutional activities 'controversial' is akin to saying, as the paper read in Harry Potter, 'Dumbledore: Daft or Dangerous?'
The ideas presented only give hate-groups legitimacy.
This is a hideous reich-wing site that would never come within a mile of MY classroom."
Jeff, July 5, 2012
- "The information was lacking... All of the info was spoon fed to them [my students]. I showed my students what a bad website is. I told them that if there were any websites like this, then they shouldn't use them."
Trisha, May 3, 2012
- "I think this web site [Medical Marijuana ProCon.org] is a great idea, but to be fair I think it is one sided. If you truly want to tell the pros and cons give facts and opinions from people who believe strongly on both sides of an issue. Not someone who is against it giving both sides of the story. That just isn't telling the whole truth."
Tim, Mar. 23, 2011
- "Was excited HEARING about your [Abortion ProCon.org] site. Disappointed in implementation and your bias. Picked abortion because it is the most controversial and the easiest to see bias in, not because I am a religious nut. Example #1: Under projects you have abortion rights but no list of adoption options. This indicates your staff only cares about researching one side of the issue. Example #2: Unequal comparison is the most egregious insidious of all bias and is frequently used by our yellow journalistic press. You compared male, phd, senior lecturer, english against female textbook writer for American University. Could you not find any more prestigous person on the con side? The pros was also heavily influenced by religion and opinion instead of logic or science. A more fair way to do this would be to send pros and cons to major advocates of both positions and let them debate the pro/con list back and forth until both parties refined their arguments instead of having a biased education person research both sides. Using words of unequal emotional context or unequal comparison is the easiest way to spot bias without even looking at the specific argument. Perhaps you should turn this into a newspaper site."
David, Jan. 20, 2011
- "Odd, you don't mention that the border fence could be constructed for a cost less than a year in Iraq. Or, the contribution to our crime rates by illegals. Or, the fact that illegal immigration is a tool of the Marxist ideologues in this country. I could go on. The point is: you have a watered down leftist web site."
Jamie, July 2, 2010
- "Your first question ['Should all Americans have the right (be entitled) to health care?'] is bogus. All Americans already have the ‘Right' to health care and health care insurance - they just have to pay for it. Here is a thought, buy health insurance before you decide to take that trip to Disney World! Read the Constitution and tell me where people who carry heath insurance have more rights than people who do not have health insurance. Anyone (citizen, illegal immigrant, or foreigner) can walk into any Emergency Room in this country and get treatment whether they have health insurance or not… No, do not develop any more sites as you cannot conduct an unbiased poll."
Paula, Feb. 25, 2010
- "You guys have a lot of nerve saying you are non-partisan. You come down firmly and clearly on the right of every issue I have read. You have a great idea here but I could never recommend you to serious people."
Matt, Dec. 2, 2009
- "Your site [Medical Marijuana ProCon.org] is somewhat informative but otherwise worthless. Why don't you investigate, find the truth, and then get behind the pro pot campaign?... I realize you're middle of the road, sitting on the fence, position. That's cool. But in a way all you do is feed the ignorant and starve the informed. I smoke pot for pain so I, like thousands of others, really don't get much out of your site. On the other hand, those that are ignorant and narrow minded are fed doubt of validation regarding pot. That's not cool."
Ron, Sep. 14, 2009
- "By the addition of ACLU to the website name [ACLU.ProCon.org], that already shows that you cannot; and, ideologically incapable of entertaining an opposing view. Your ideology is far leftist arrogant social engineering. How can you have both sides (pro/con) when your very statements tell all that you think of your opposition as bumbling idiots that can barely walk and think at the same time..."
David, Aug. 16, 2008
- "This whole site is definitely NOT UNBIASED. You are a sneaky, 'come in the backdoor' liberals that want to make the conservative view look weak and/or emotional - your choice of quotes are carefully chosen to do just this. You should be ashamed of lying and calling yourself a non-profit organization - you just profit in propaganda. You are shameful!!"
Anonymous, Mar. 7, 2007
- "I don't believe, as you state, that you are presenting a 'nonpartisan pro-con format' on the issue of homosexuality. If you were, you would not only have a section dedicated to 'changing sexual orientation' but also to accepting it. Throughout, under a guise of objectivity, one can feel your bias. You don't think homosexuality is a good thing. Therefore you lie."
Daniel, Jan. 9, 2007
- "Your website [ACLU.ProCon.org] sux. I got an F on my paper."
Anonymous, Mar. 9, 2005