Is the Internet Making YOU “Stupid”?
** Take the ProCon Poll **
- School Uniforms
- Animal Dissection
- Student Loan Debt
- Standardized Tests
- Free College
- College Education
- School Vouchers
- Corporal Punishment
- Banned Books
- Teacher Tenure (archived 11/28/22)
- Tablets vs. Textbooks (archived 11/28/22)
- D.A.R.E (archived 6/22/17)
- Private Prisons
- DC and Puerto Rico Statehood
- American Socialism
- US Supreme Court Packing
- Death Penalty
- Lower Drinking Age
- Illegal Immigration
- Gun Control
- Recreational Marijuana Legalization
- Mandatory National Service
- Concealed Handguns
- Sanctuary Cities
- DACA & Dreamers
- Under God in the Pledge(archived 1/9/23)
- ACLU (archived 12/15/21)
- Prostitution Legalization (archived 12/15/21)
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Employer Vaccine Mandates
- Artificial Intelligence
- Space Colonization
- Is the Internet “Making Us Stupid?”
- Animal Testing
- Cell Phone Radiation
- Alternative Energy
- Climate Change
- Net Neutrality
- Police Body Cameras
- Bottled Water Ban
- GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms)
- Dakota Access Oil Pipeline (archived 10/7/20)
- Born Gay (archived 10/19/20)
ELECTIONS & PRESIDENTS
- Felon Voting
- Electoral College
- Lowering the Voting Age to 16
- Election Day National Holiday
- Voting Machines
- Ronald Reagan (archived 10/16/20)
- Bill Clinton (archived 10/16/20)
- 2008 Presidential Election (archived 1/19/09)
- 2012 Presidential Election (archived 1/22/13)
- 2016 Presidential Election (archived 1/21/17)
- 2020 Presidential Election (archived 1/7/20)
ECONOMY & TAXES
HEALTH & MEDICINE
ENTERTAINMENT & SPORTS
- TikTok Bans
- Social Media
- Video Games and Violence
- Paying College Athletes
- Drug Use in Sports
- Fighting in Hockey
- College Football Playoffs (archived 9/18/12)
WORLD / INTERNATIONAL
- Cuba Embargo
- Drone Strikes Overseas
- Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (archived 8/3/21)
- US Drone Shot Down by Iran (archived 10/15/20)
- US – Iraq War (archived 12/31/11)
- WTC Muslim Center (archived 6/3/13)
- Abortion – Should abortion be legal?
- ACLU – Is the ACLU good for America?
- Alternative Energy – Can alternative energy effectively replace fossil fuels?
- American Socialism – Should the US become socialist?
- Animal Dissection – Should K-12 students dissect animals in science classrooms?
- Animal Testing – Should animals be used for scientific or commercial testing?
- Artificial Intelligence – Is artificial intelligence good for society?
- Banned Books – Should parents or other adults be able to ban books from schools and libraries?
- Big Three Bailout – Should the big three car manufacturers be bailed out by the US government?
- Binge-Watching – Is binge-watching good for you?
- Born Gay – Is sexual orientation determined at birth?
- Bottled Water Ban – Should bottled water be banned?
- Cancel Culture – Is cancel culture (or callout culture) good for society?
- CBD for Pets – Is CBD good for pets?
- Cell Phone Radiation – Is cell phone radiation safe?
- Cheerleading – Is cheerleading a sport?
- Churches & Taxes – Should churches (including mosques, synagogues, etc.) remain tax-exempt?
- Climate Change – Is human activity primarily responsible for global climate change?
- College Education – Is a college education worth it?
- College Football Playoffs – Should college football replace the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) with a playoff system?
- Concealed Handguns – Should adults have the right to carry a concealed handgun?
- Congressional Insider Trading – Should insider trading by Congress be allowed?
- Corporal Punishment – Should corporal punishment be used in K-12 schools?
- Corporate Tax Rate – Should the federal corporate income tax rate be raised?
- Cuba Embargo – Should the United States maintain its embargo against Cuba?
- DACA & Dreamers – Are DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and the DREAM Act good for America?
- D.A.R.E. – Is the D.A.R.E. program good for America’s kids (K-12)?
- Dakota Access Pipeline – Should the Dakota Access Pipeline be completed?
- Daylight Saving Time – Should the United States keep daylight saving time?
- DC AND Puerto Rico Statehood – Should Washington, DC, and Puerto Rico be granted US statehood?
- Death Penalty – Should the death penalty be legal?
- Dress Codes – Should dress codes be implemented and enforced?
- Defund the Police – Should police departments be defunded, if not abolished?
- Drinking Age – Should the drinking age be lowered from 21 to a younger age?
- Drone Strikes – Should the United States continue its use of drone strikes abroad?
- Drug Use in Sports – Should performance-enhancing drugs be accepted in sports?
- Election Day National Holiday – Should the election day be made a national holiday?
- Electoral College – Should the United States use the Electoral College in presidential elections?
- Employer Vaccine Mandates – Should employers be able to mandate vaccinations?
- Felon Voting – Should people who have completed felony sentences be allowed to vote?
- Fighting in Hockey – Should fighting be allowed in hockey?
- Filibuster – Should the US Senate keep the filibuster?
- Fracking – Should the United States continue fracking
- Free College – Should public college be tuition-free?
- Gay Marriage – Should gay marriage be legal?
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) – Should genetically modified organisms (GMOs) be grown?
- Gold Standard – Should the United States return to a gold standard?
- Golf – Is golf a sport and are golfers athletes?
- Gun Control – Should more gun control laws be enacted?
- Historic Statue Removal – Should historic statues be taken down?
- Homework – Is homework beneficial?
- Illegal Immigration – Should the government provide a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?
- Internet – Is the internet “making us stupid?”
- Israeli-Palestinian Conflict – What are the solutions to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
- Kneeling during the National Anthem – Is kneeling during the national anthem an appropriate form of protest?
- Mandatory National Service – Should the United States have mandatory national service?
- Medical Marijuana – Should medical marijuana be legal?
- Medical Aid in Dying (MAID) – Should medical aid in dying (MAID) be legal??
- Milk – Should humans consume dairy milk?
- Minimum Wage – Should the federal minimum wage be increased?
- Net Neutrality – Should the US have net neutrality laws?
- Obamacare – Is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) good for America?
- Obesity – Is obesity a disease?
- Olympics – Are the Olympic games an overall benefit for their host countries and cities?
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Birth Control Pills – Should birth control pills be available over-the-counter (OTC)?
- Paying College Athletes – Should colleges and universities pay college athletes?
- Penny – Should the penny stay in circulation?
- Pit Bull Bans – Should breed-specific legislation (“pit bull bans”) be enacted?
- Pokémon – Is Pokémon Go good for our society?
- Police Body Cameras – Should police officers wear body cameras?
- Prescription Drug Costs – Should the US federal government regulate prescription drug prices?
- President Bill Clinton – Was Bill Clinton a good president?
- President Ronald Reagan – Was Ronald Reagan a good president?
- Presidential Election, 2008 – Which candidate would make the best US president?
- Presidential Election, 2012 – Which candidate should be US president in 2012?
- Presidential Election, 2016 – The Candidates and Where They Stand on the Issues
- Presidential Election, 2020 – 2020 Presidential Election Site
- Private Prisons – Should prisons be privatized?
- Prostitution – Should prostitution be legal?
- Recreational Marijuana – Should recreational marijuana be legal?
- Reparations for Slavery – Should the federal government pay reparations to the descendants of slaves?
- Right to Healthcare – Should all Americans have the right (be entitled) to health care?
- Sanctuary Cities – Should sanctuary cities receive federal funding?
- Santa Claus – Is there really a Santa Claus?
- Saturday Halloween – Should Halloween be moved permanently to Saturday?
- School Uniforms – Should students have to wear school uniforms?
- School Vouchers – Should states have school voucher programs?
- Social Media – Is social media good for society?
- Social Security Privatization – Should social security be privatized?
- Space Colonization – Should humans colonize space?
- Standardized Tests – Do standardized tests improve education in America?
- Student Loan Debt – Should student loan debt be eliminated via forgiveness or bankruptcy?
- Tablets v. Textbooks -Should tablets replace textbooks in K-12 schools?
- Teacher Tenure – Should teachers get tenure?
- TikTok Bans – Should TikTok be banned?
- Uber & Lyft – Are ride-hailing companies a benefit to society?
- Under God in the Pledge – Should the words “under god” be in the US Pledge of Allegiance?
- US Drone Shot down by Iran – Was the US drone shot down by Iran over international waters?
- Universal Basic Income (UBI) – Should the United States implement a universal basic income?
- US-Iraq War – Should the US have attacked Iraq?
- US Supreme Court Packing – Should packing the US Supreme Court ever be considered?
- Vaccines for Kids – Should states be allowed to mandate vaccines for school attendance?
- Vaping E-Cigarettes – Is vaping e-cigarettes safe?
- Vegetarianism – Should people become vegetarian?
- Video Games & Violence – Do violent video games contribute to youth violence?
- Voting Age – Should the voting age be lowered to 16?
- Voting Machines – Are electronic voting machines the best method for voting?
- WTC Muslim Center – Is it appropriate to build a muslim community center (aka the ”ground zero mosque”) near the World Trade Center site?
- Zoos – Should zoos exist?
PROCON.ORG HEADLINES – Our Issues in the News
OUR LATEST UPDATES
Representative Cori Bush (D-MO) introduced a bill to pay $14 trillion in reparations to black Americans. She states, “The United States has a moral and legal obligation to provide reparations for the enslavement of Africans and its lasting harm on the lives of millions of Black people…. We know that we continue to live under slavery’s vestiges. We know how slavery has perpetuated Jim Crow. We know how slavery’s impacts live on today.”
One of our most popular debates is now updated
Ever wonder what a tamarau is? ProCon’s new glossary of animals used in animal testing can help!
(it’s a small species of buffalo)
On Apr. 28, 2023, the North Carolina Supreme Court overturned a trial court decision. Those convicted of felonies are now required to complete prison, probation, parole, and pay all fines before they may register to vote.
Archived Notices (archived after 30 days)